CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established Research and Technology Company operating within the Financial Services sector, we are seeking to recruit to a bright, ambitious and hardworking Junior Researcher (Computational Finance) to join their expanding team of professionals based in Limassol. The successful applicant will ideally hold 1st Class Honors (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics or related field and ideally be a PhD holder in an area of work/study related to computational finance.
The successful candidates will ideally possess a 1st class or equivalent qualification in Mathematics or other Scientific or Engineering discipline, with a relevant PhD in Hard Sciences to work in the area of computational finance. The objective is to help develop the suite of models across a variety of asset classes (i.e. FX, Futures, Equity), identify new sources of data and assist in maintaining the state-of-the art trading platform. In addition, the role involves statistical analysis of portfolio risk and returns, involvement in the portfolio management process and monitoring and analysing transactions on an ongoing basis.
- Ideally a PhD in Hard sciences/Engineering or Mathematics.
- Good grasp of Statistics, together with excellent all round analytical and programming abilities.
- Practical experience in research with mathematical modeling content, data analysis and statistics.
- Strong, methodical problem solving and numerical reasoning skills.
- Solid programming experience with Python or other modeling languages. Good knowledge of additional OO programming languages would be considered an advantage.
- Fundamental SQL/relational database experience.
- Self driven, ability to work independently and take projects from inception to completion.
- Flexibility to travel abroad when required.
- Able to work well under pressure and have proactive approach to implementing enhancements and process improvements whilst maintaining precision.
- Desire to learn and ability to work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects.
Interested in this position?
Apply by clicking on the “Apply now” button below.
#jobsineurope #jobsearch #job #jobs #jobsearching #fxjob #fxjobs #fxjobscyprus #fxjobeurope #fxcareereu