CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and highly respected provider of Legal and other related services to both Local & International clients, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join their expanding team of professionals based in Limassol. The successful applicant will be a holder of the CySEC Advanced Certification ad hold a minimum of 2+ years of relevant, professional work experience.
As a member of the Financial Regulation and Advisory Department you will consult local and international financial and investment firms and institutions during their licensing process before CySEC and foreign regulators, as well as on the design and structuring of the investment firm structure. You will act on behalf of clients interested in applying for FX/BO/EMI/PI licenses as well as for already established investment firms interested in outsourced Compliance and AML support services.
- Provide advice and solutions to Investment Firms and other FS Institutions within and outside of the EU on regulatory compliance matters relating to the licensing / authorization / activation in ensuring compliance with the applicable EU and Non-EU laws and regulations.
- Communicate on behalf of investment firms with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission and other local and EU authorities.
- Create impact assessment, prepare applications, notifications and record updates for the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) on behalf of regulated entities.
- Advise / support / adhere to regulator onsite inspections of regulatory compliance matters.
- Developing (drafting, reviewing and updating) the required documentation (i.e. compliance rules, manuals, instructions, policies, procedures etc.) with respect to the operations of regulated entities (investment firms, e-money and payment institutions.
- On-going compliance support to firm clients, through regular monitoring of the compliance team practices in coordination with other departments (legal & corporate, accounting & tax, capital adequacy, internal audit etc.), to ensure that compliance standards and obligations of regulated entities are adhered to while also ensuring firm fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions.
- Support to regulated entities with drafting and review of annual reports on Compliance, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and related matters, undertake client identification and due diligence of investment firms’ clients.
- Provide guidance to clients, compliance expert team, though the development of compliance and AML training material for the ongoing training to its personnel.
- Be up to date with new regulations, analyse and advise how laws may impact investment firms.
- Business Degree in Law, or Economics, or Mathematics, or Finance, or Risk Management or other related discipline.
- CySEC Advanced Certification.
- Minimum 2-4 years industry experience, ideally having worked within Corporate, Finance Sector.
- Strong Communication skills in Greek and in English, written and verbal.
- Strong organisational traits, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Problem solving abilities and initiations.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Personal development traits within the field and following best practice trends.
Interested in this position?
Apply by clicking on the “Apply now” button below.
#jobsineurope #jobsearch #job #jobs #jobsearching #fxjob #fxjobs #fxjobscyprus #fxjobeurope #fxcareereu