CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an expanding Investment Firm with offices across Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their team based in Limassol. The successful applicant will work as part of a busy internal finance function, handling various bookkeeping and accounting duties. You will ideally hold an academic background relating to Accounting/Finance/Economics and hold some previous, demonstrable experience within a similar Bookkeeping/Accounting position. Any previous experience working in the Forex industry will be considered an advantage. Fluency in English is a must.
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Preparing monthly bookkeeping material for the external bookkeeper.
- Assisting with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned.
- Updating financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Preparing and submitting weekly/monthly reports.
- Assisting senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Handling the invoices and processing with accounting transactions.
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns.
- Liaising with the TAX/VAT authorities.
- Ideally a University Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or a related field.
- Previous experience as a Bookkeeper is essential; any experience working in the Forex industry will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English language (Written & Spoken).
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel (formulas, spreadsheet formulation).
- Must be well versed in the principles of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Experience in a high-volume transaction environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
Are you interested in this position?
Apply by clicking on the “Apply now” button below.
#jobsineurope #jobsearch #job #jobs #jobsearching #fxjob #fxjobs #fxjobscyprus #fxjobeurope #fxcareereu
Related Jobs (9)
Russian-speaking Accountant / Financial Controller (VAC-B591) on July 11, 2022 Full Time